Ordinary tourist visa is issued to the citizens of Poland, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for a short-term stay in the country with a touristic purpose (visiting cultural events, excursions, familiarization with the sights), based on a tourist acceptance confirmation by a Russian touristic organization.
The maximum period of stay in the Russian Federation with a tourist visa is up to 30 days.
An entry for short-term business negotiations, participation in exhibitions, auctions, as well as for medical consults and tests is also permitted. In this case “target tourism” should be put in a field “purpose of travel” of the confirmation of acceptance of a foreign citizen, and a visa is issued for a number of days necessary for the planned events according to a time schedule indicated in a confirmation of residence (but no more than 30 days).
A single- or double-entry tourist visa to the Russian Federation may be issued.
A double-entry tourist visa is issued to a foreign citizen only if, according to the documents, during the stay in the Russian Federation a visit to neighbouring countries (near-abroad countries (CIS, Baltic countries)) or countries from which the return is to be made through the territory of the Russian Federation (for example China, Mongolia) is planned. In addition, a route must be indicated in a foreign citizen confirmation of acceptance issued by a host Russian organization.
Please note! Medical insurance policy must contain:
- contract date;
- policy number;
- first name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of a single- or double-entry visa, and during the period of the first travel in case of a multiple-entry visa;
- list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with stamps of the insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
In order to apply for an ordinary single- or double-entry tourist visa one must submit:
- Confirmation of the tourist acceptance by a Russian touristic organization, the information on which is included in the Uniform Federal Register of Tour Operators;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
(When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa, it is necessary to indicate the Visa Office where you are planning to submit the documents).
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- Colour photography 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background and with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography);
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
Please note! Consular institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and service fee may be paid in a Visa Office.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Poland, you must also submit:
1. A permit for a continuous stay in Poland for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
Depending on the national legislation the following documents may serve as a confirmation of continuous stay for more than 90 days in Poland: student or work visa, working permit, temporary residence permit, and temporary resident card.
2. Poland Permanent Resident Card or another equivalent document for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
For the citizens of Poland and the European Union
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee
|Single-, double-entry visa|
|4-10 business days||152 PLN||28 €|
|1-3 business days||303 PLN||28 €|
All payments are accepted in Polish zloty at the exchange rate of National Bank of Poland
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Poland or the European Union, please specify the cost of your visa by contacting an operator of a call-centre.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Service for completing the electronic visa application form
Russian Visa Application Center offers additional service for completing the electronic visa application form when submitting documents to the Visa Center, or correction on behalf of the applicant (authorized representative) of the mistakes made on the application form.
Visa application form is filled on the basis of documents and information submitted by the applicant, and is signed by the applicant personally.
Visa application correction fee is charged in addition to the service fee, and is 20 PLN per application. Please ask the Operator of the Russian Visa Application Center about this service, when you apply for a visa.